Saturday, August 23, 2014

An Ode to The Ben



A few days ago, I finally made the ever so courageous decision to actually book my ticket back to Jakarta. The prospect of going back to my (second) hometown is really exciting, but at the same time I don't think I'm ready to leave this amazing town. Thus I decided to include in the shoot today two of the most iconic symbols of London: the Big Ben and the London eye! I know that I've only been here for around three years, but London has really grown on me. The tubes, the prets, itsus, westfields, the parks and of course, the afternoon teas!
Apart from obtaining what's probably the proudest achievement in my life so far - graduating from uni, yay! - London has taught me so many things in between, including how to be a (more) independent person, the importance of friendships and to just be brave in making decisions. It is such an amazing city which contributed a lot in shaping my character. I'm very much glad that my mother decided to send me here to further my studies.
Oh, not to forget, another perk of living in this wonderfully globalised city is that it enabled me to travel to so many places, which I never even imagined I would visit in the first place. Turkey, The States and Kenya are among the beautiful countries I'm fortunate enough to set foot into due to my living-in-London circumstances.
The other thing that I absolutely in love with in London is that you can practically be anyone you want and people would respect you - instead of judging you - for it! I feel that I possess a greater degree of freedom in expressing myself whenever I'm in London. In a way, it lets me explore my passion for fashion, one might say. Frankly speaking, I'm (probably) more of a left-brain kind of person but I was always a fan of gorgeous styles and colorful, dainty arrangements. Never really think of myself as a person who'd spend her free time exploring the city in style, but London made it happened. I even attended London Fashion Week - twice!

All in all, I guess I just want to share what a positive influence London has  been for me, and I would strongly encourage anyone that wants to pursue their studies there. I refuse to say goodbye cause I know this isn't the end, and I'll be back before you know it!








(H&M top, TOPSHOP skirt, NEW LOOK shoes & necklace, KATE SPADE bag)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you shall be heard!